What to do after flooding:
- Find the source and if possible stop further water intrusion.
- Stay out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- If safe to do so, turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas.
- Unplug and remove any small electrical devices from the affected areas.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe down furniture that is wet with a dry cloth or towel.
- Place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under legs of furniture.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying.
- Call Premier Restoration Services.
What not to do after flooding:
- Do not attempt to clean up contaminated (sewer) water.
- Do not walk on wet surfaces any more than necessary.
- Do not use electrical appliances and outlets in wet areas.
- Do not use an ordinary household or shop vacuum to remove water.
- Do not touch any electrical source or enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
- Do not wait to call the professionals at Premier Restoration Services. Damage from the water and bacteria growth can begin within 24 hours.
What to do after a fire:
- Contact Premier Restoration Services for immediate emergency fire mitigation & clean-up services.
- Empty freezer / refrigerator completely when electric is out & prop doors open to prevent mold / mildew growth & or smell.
- In inclement weather all plumbing should be winterized, drain hot water heater
- Vacuum carpets only if needed– helps prevent smoke/soot from being ground in to carpet.
- Vacuum hard floor surfaces first and then wash floor again to prevent smoke/soot from being ground into flooring.
- Animals may have a reaction to smoke/carbon residue; you may consider moving them to another location at site or off premises if possible.
- Clean porcelain fixtures, countertops, sinks, only as needed until Restoration Specialist can inspect.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Do not clean walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces until our restoration professionals can inspect and direct the proper cleaning method.
- Do not turn on electronics items such as televisions, stereos, computers, etc.
- Do not attempt to wash your clothing. Our restoration professionals will consult with a garment restoration professional who specializes in fire damaged clothing for correct advice for cleaning your fabrics.
- Do not eat food products from your opened containers; it may be recommended to dispose of all open container / packages.
- Do not turn your air conditioning or furnace on until a professional restoration company has at least inspected your home
- If the fire was put out by an extinguisher do not use water to start washing the powder-it must first be extracted properly before applying any cleaning solutions.
- If water was used to put fire out, do not attempt to clean up yourself; Contact the professional services of Premier Restoration Services for clean-up & dry out.